Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Peanut Clusters

Even though I was thinking mostly about the weekend, I somehow managed to pay attention to the session on competitiveness, cooperation and collaboration presented by Josie Rowe-Setz. These aspects make it possible for companies to improve their efficiency of their standards. And I surely never knew what clusters were. Before that day the only cluster I knew was a peanut cluster. However, in business terms I started making sense of this peanut cluster I’m talking about. A peanut cluster is lots of peanuts combined together by chocolate. So my vague understanding of a business cluster was a bunch of businesses that network with one another in similar areas to keep their business running smoothly. What I also have learnt is how these clusters can affect the area they are situated in, or how it is plainly convenient for the business to be involved in this cluster. I never thought of how different businesses fuel one another to be able to make products or provide a service.

It was also great having experienced businessmen in our midst. I felt the session was mostly focussed on the Limpopo guests, but I surely walked away with more knowledge on these things than I’ve had before. I would like to know how we can get hold of the slides for this session.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Pascalia said...

I like the way you describe business clusters as "peanut clusters". You are really using your creativity cap Celeste! It unravels and makes the concept of clusters more user friendly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home