Thursday, April 20, 2006

The World of Work (Literally)

When I say World of Work I don't mean our course anymore, I mean the actual working world. After I finished my course I was ready to go out on take on the scary world of uncertainties. I couldn't fall back on studies anymore. It was time for me to step up and do something about my unemployment issue.

I had a couple of interviews the past two weeks, and thanks to them it made me more comfortable and confident every time I had to step into the next one. That is why I have been neglecting my blog a bit. I wanted to write some positive news in my next entry, thus I waited until now.

My story will be short. Three days ago I had to make a very difficult decision of whether to accept a job offer at one organisation or wait for another interview at another place. I had to do a bit of soul searching, but in the end of the day I decided to take the risk of not accepting the offer and hoping that I will get the job at the other interview. My reasons were very simple: I enjoyed both places and think both of the organisations were fantastic. Only, the second organisation offered me an internship in an area that I was more interested in than the other organisation.

So two days ago I went for that second company's interview. I have never been so nervous in my life. I got there an hour before and just sat and waited in my car, thinking what a mistake I made not to accept my previous job-offer. Eventually I gathered all my guts and went in for the interview. To my suprise, they employed me immediately and I started working there and then!

I finally got that job I have been waiting for almost a year now! It taught me that sometimes taking risks will pay off and that life should be filled with taking a brave step into the unknown, otherwise you'll never learn from your mistakes. So now I'm sitting here typing my blog from my new desk at my new job. I have never been this happy to wake up early in the mornings just to get here.

3 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Cyrille Mutombo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Cyrille Mutombo said...

Yeah, it makes sense now: World Of Work. Bravo. I like taking risks, Celeste and I appreciate your positive behavior through this stressing process!

Please next time when you say more about your job, don't forget to mention the organization.

All the best.
Cyrille

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Ijeoma Uche-Okeke said...

Celeste,
It gives me pleasure to read your posts. Having met you, it is quite clear to me that you are a very positive thinking person. A never-say-die sort of woman. You set a good example of what the individual participant can get out of the benefits offered through the WOW programme. Heads up to you and the formidable team of Lesley Emmanuel and Jean Power.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home